THE DEPARTMENT OF Foreign Affairs has said it stands ready to provide any assistance required by the family of an Irish woman who died in an apparent suicide pact with her husband in Egypt last week.
Local media reports the woman, who was 60 years old, and her 43-year-old Egyptian husband died by drowning in a swimming pool in the Hurghada area.
Investigators found nothing was stolen from the villa and the only fingerprints found were those of the couple. Video footage of the couple was also found by police.
The Department of Foreign Affairs said it is “aware of this case and stands ready to provide any consular assistance that is required”.
If you need to talk, contact:
- Samaritans 116 123 or email email@example.com
- Aware 1800 804848 (depression, anxiety)
- Pieta House 1800 247247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – (suicide, self-harm)
- Teen-Line Ireland 1800 833634 (for ages 13 to 19)
- Childline 1800 666666 (for under 18s)